What is a Seed Library?
A Seed Library offers free seeds and resources for planting, growing, harvesting, and seed saving.
The Seed Library was created through a partnership with Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, Cerbo’s Parsippany Greenhouse, Condursos Garden Center, and the Friends of the Parsippany Library.
Why have a Seed Library?
- Empowering the community to grow their own food by offering free seeds
- Reconnecting the community to the tradition of growing tasty, healthy food
- Providing information, instruction, and education about sustainable gardening
- Keeping open pollinated seed varieties thriving and in use
- Having a reason to enjoy the outdoors and wildlife
How to Borrow Seeds
Please fill out the request form to “borrow” seeds for your garden. We have easy-to-grow seeds to plant that will do well in our climate so your garden will grow! Seeds can be picked up at the Information Services Desk after you receive a notification they are ready.
Seeds can be picked up at the Information Services Desk after you receive a notification they are ready.
How to Donate and Return Seeds
We hope that you will save seeds from the plants and return a similar package of seeds to the Information Services Desk at the end of the growing season.