We offer a number of services and programs for Seniors. Our Senior Outreach librarian works with community organizations to bring you quality programs, including Senior Yoga. For any questions, please contact the Information Services desk at 973-887-5150 ext. 209.
Home Bound Delivery:
The Parsippany-Troy Hills Public Library System provides free homebound delivery to the Parsippany community who are homebound, disabled, high-risk for Covid-19, or lack transportation to get to one of our libraries.
For more information please contact David Church at 973-335-0952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Hearing Impaired: Our audio-visual collection contains many closed captioned DVD’s for education and instruction.
For the Vision Impaired: We offer a wide selection of large print materials, including The Reader’s Digest. Two computer work stations are equipped with software to aid you in your computer needs.
The library offers health and self improvement programs to our senior population. Many computer classes are offered in our technology lab for the adult learner and all citizens, including seniors, are invited to take advantage of these classes to improve their computer skills. The library networks with the Parsippany Community center and actively participates in programs held at that location.
- AARP (American Association of Retired People)
- Ability Magazine – New technologies, travel, independent living, and employment for persons with disabilities
- Assisted Living Directory – This page lists several assisted living and senior care options in New Jersey, each with varying degrees of services and amenities
- Road Scholar – a nonprofit organization providing educational tips for adults 55 years and older
- Fraud.Org – Scams against the elderly
- Medlineplus – National Institutes of Health, detailed information on diseases, treatments, pharmaceuticals, and clinical trials
- NJ Department of Health & Senior Services – Senior entitlement programs, senior housing, and long-term care
- Parsippany – Troy Hills Township – Office on Aging and Senior Events
- Senior Law – information about Medicare, Medicaid, estate planning, trusts, and the rights of the elderly and disabled.
- Social Security Online Benefits Planner
- Traveler Health Information from the Center for Disease Control