Curbside Notary Service
There will be free Curbside Notary Public services for Parsippany residents. This service will be available at the Lake Hiawatha Branch Library, 68 Nokomis Avenue, Lake Hiawatha.
You must call ahead to confirm that we are able to notarize your document type and to request an appointment.
Monday and Wednesdays 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm
To contact the Lake Hiawatha Branch Library please call 973-335-0952.
Please note: You must present a valid photo ID and wear a mask in order to have your document(s) Notarized.
Library Notaries witness a person signing a document or signing a sworn statement on a document.
The Parsippany Library System is now offering Notary services at our Lake Hiawatha Branch Library located at 68 Nokomis Avenue, Lake Hiawatha, NJ. This service is free to Parsippany registered library card holders.
Out of town residents will be charged a $5 fee.
The Library Notary documents that:
•The signer of the document appeared before the Notary.
•The Notary positively identified the signer; and
•The signer both acknowledged the signature as hers or his, and that the signature was made
The following guidelines need to be followed in the provision of Notary Service (Click here for the library’s Notary Policy):
- Call ahead to make sure the notary is available or to make an appointment. We will not accept drop-ins 45 minutes before closing. When we do not have a notary available, notary service is available by appointment through several other libraries in the county.
- Notary Public service is limited to three documents per person per day.
- The person who will sign the document must be sure that the document is completely filled out–leaving no blanks except where the customer will sign the document when appearing before the Library Notary. Library Notaries may not notarize any document with blank spaces.
- The document(s) should not be signed before arriving at the library.
- Government issued photo identification is required of any customer seeking Notary service.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the customer seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary service customer.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for Notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary service.
- The Library Notary does not provide Notary service for Wills, mortgages, deeds, birth certificates, codicils, depositions, marriage licenses, I-9 forms or Powers of Attorney.
- In situations where a witness is required the Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library. To serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the individual whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
Below are other Morris County neighboring libraries that offer notary service. Please call to confirm details.