The Lake Hiawatha library was established in 1937 and has served the people of Parsippany from its current location since 1968. The 1994 renovation expanded the building to better meet the growing needs of the surrounding community. This neighborhood focused branch is located close to the Parsippany Community Center, Volunteers Park, North Beverwyck Road shopping, and is within easy walking distance for many of the residents of the Lake Hiawatha section of Parsippany. In addition to providing a complete selection of current best sellers, DVDs, and books on CD, the branch offers books in Spanish, Gujarati, Hindi, and Chinese. The branch also offers open access to computers, dedicated game computers for children, and a range of enrichment programs for children and adults.