The Parsippany Library is thrilled to announce a vibrant and culturally enriching Diwali celebration on Saturday, November 11 to share the joy and significance of the Festival of Lights with the community. This event promises to be an illuminating experience, featuring a range of activities, performances, and cultural highlights that will bring the spirit of Diwali to life.
Diwali, also known as Deepavali, is one of the most celebrated festivals in India and around the world. It symbolizes the victory of light over darkness and good over evil, making it a festival of joy, positivity, and togetherness. The Parsippany Library welcomes the entire community to join us in commemorating this festive occasion at our Main Library Branch.
Date: November 11, 2023
Time: 11 am – 1 pm
Location: Parsippany Library, Main Branch
449 Halsey Road, Parsippany, NJ
Highlights of the Diwali Celebration at The Parsippany Library:
1. **Dance performances by Thillai Fine Arts: ** Enjoy the dance, music, and storytelling that showcase the rich traditions of Diwali (11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.).
2. **Kirtan Soundbath: ** Experience inner happiness through the ancient power of Kirtan, a universal form of meditation that’s both fun and easy (11 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. and 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.).
3. **Traditional Indian Cuisine: ** Savor the flavors of India with a sampling of traditional Indian snacks and sweets (11:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.).
4. **Mehndi: ** Try the intricate art of henna tattooing, with talented artists available to adorn your hands with beautiful designs (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
5. **Rangoli Craft: ** Kids can create their own Rangoli patterns at our hands-on workshop. Learn about this traditional art form and let your creativity shine (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
6. **Diya Craft: ** Paint your own clay Diya lamp, representing the triumph of light over dark, and good over evil (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
7. **Photo Booth: ** Get your picture taken in our Diwali-themed photo booth and print out a photo to take home (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
8. **Mandalas, Music, and Meditation:” Teens can chill out and try a craft, enjoy music, and try meditation (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
9. **Sparkler Ceremony: ** Experience the symbolic act of lighting candles and spreading the light of hope and love with festive sparklers (weather permitting).
We invite the community to come dressed in colorful traditional attire and embrace the spirit of Diwali with us.
The Diwali celebration at the Parsippany Library is free and open to the public. All are welcome to join in the festivities, explore the beauty of Diwali, and share in the joy of this cultural celebration.
The Parsippany Library is dedicated to promoting cultural diversity and fostering a sense of togetherness in our community. We look forward to celebrating the Festival of Lights with you this Diwali.