The Parsippany Public Library promotes a lifelong interest in library use and learning in a diverse community.
A variety of formats and technologies are used to provide:
- A wide range of current materials and programs
- Active involvement for people of all ages
- Greater interest in reading and library programs
- Support of the public’s freedom of access to information and democratic institutions
- Timely, accurate, useful reference services to all those in pursuit of educational, business and personal interests
All citizens will view the Parsippany Library System as the information center of the community. The library system will provide user-friendly buildings that are easily accessible, and convenient in location and hours of operation. The buildings will include comfortable seating, current technology, and areas for meeting, quiet study and all types of learning. Through technology, residents will have access to our materials in many locations throughout Parsippany.
We will provide a highly qualified staff who will serve as a link between library materials and library users. We will serve the public in a congenial, friendly manner.
The library system will participate in town wide initiatives, interact with other township departments, the school district, township agencies and community organizations to promote programs and services.