Library customers are not permitted to:
- Smoke, spit or use tobacco products.
- Use the library without wearing shirt and shoes.
- Play audio equipment so that others can hear it. The use of headsets is permitted as long as such use does not disturb other library patrons.
- Use a cell phone inappropriately by talking loudly, for long periods of time or disturbing others.
- Sleep in the library.
- Talk loudly, make noise, use abusive or threatening language, or engage in other disruptive conduct.
- Bring animals into the library, except those needed to assist a patron with a disability or needed by a trained individual as part of a planned program.
- Vandalize the library's rest rooms, use them inappropriately or use them as laundry facilities, bathing facilities or gathering places.
- Interfere with another person's use of the library or with library personnel's performance of their duties.
- Harass library patrons and library employees.
- Engage in inappropriate displays of affection.
- Use obscene or racially offensive language.
- Emit bodily hygiene so offensive as to constitute a nuisance to others or to damage library property.
- Damage or steal library materials or property.
- Skateboard, roller blade, bike ride or engage in similar activities on library property.
- Leave infants, young children or other children who are in need of supervision unattended.
- Distribute or post unapproved or inappropriate material or solicit anywhere on the library grounds, including but not limited to materials that are commercial or practical in nature, lewd, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, racist, sexist or otherwise violate State and Federal laws and are not considered protected expression under State and Federal laws.
- Run in the library building.
- Violate any municipal, state or federal law, including laws on assault, harassment, disorderly conduct and reckless engagement.